Your trusted advocates, fighting for fair compensation
and justice from property damage to peace of mind.

Commercial Property Insurance


When a loss to a commercial property happens, it affects much more than the property itself. It affects a business, which impacts your income, and your livelihood. Most commercial property owners count on the insurance company to properly adjust the loss and pay whatever is necessary to restore the building and allow your asset to continue to produce income. Keep in mind, the insurance company adjuster’s job is to pay you the minimum amount necessary to cover your loss. In other cases, an insurance adjuster simply does not possess the skills and experience necessary to fully investigate and pay what is owed.

In many of these cases, a commercial property owner will bear the loss and payout of pocket in order to resume operations.

Settling your commercial property insurance claim is complex and requires the help of an experienced lawyer from Hoch Law Firm, P.C. Simply accepting the opinion of an insurance company adjuster without investigation could lead to an unfair settlement. Allow us to use our knowledge and expertise to get you the money that you deserve.

This claim can restore your property to pre-loss conditions with the insurance that you purchased for the property. It also allows you the time you need to rebuild or repair any damage. The insured must document and investigate the loss and must be knowledgeable about their insurance policies. These are all things that we can help you do if you hire our legal team in Dallas and Fort Worth, TX.

Types of Commercial Property Insurance Claims We Have Handled:

  • Office buildings.
  • Retail strip centers.
  • Warehouses and industrial buildings.
  • Manufacturing facilities.
  • Apartment complexes.
  • Large stand-alone retail operations including grocery stores and restaurants.

We handle losses caused by fire, hail, wind, rain, tornados, flood, electrical surges, vandalism, etc.

Commercial Property Insurance Policies

Most commercial property insurance policies cover:

  • Property damage: This includes more than just the building itself. This also includes materials, inventory, furnishing, machinery, and fixtures.
  • Extra expenses: This covers any expenses incurred while taking the loss and increased costs to continue business during this time. It can also reimburse a policyholder for any money that was spent to move their business to a different location while the other property is repaired or restored.
  • Business interruption: This is supposed to help the insured business stay in the place they were if the loss hadn’t occurred. It provides funds that are needed to sustain the business while operations are suspended. The contingent extension of this coverage is to cover any lost profits or other expenses that result from damage to a third party’s property for instance if they deliver their products or manufacture them for you.
  • Payroll coverage: This covers salaries continuously as the business is closed.
  • Loss of rents: This covers any lost income when a rental property under the policy isn’t livable due to the damage.
  • Utility services – Time element: This extends any business income insurance to protect against any losses that are caused by interruption of services whether power or water.